First impressions are everything with buyers. You will get the largest number of potential buyers to view your home within the first 14 days on the market, and this will decrease the as the number of days on market increases. A home that looks its best is more likely to sell faster and for a better price. Here are a few things you can do to get your home market ready:
- Entrance: Make sure the doorbell works, put out a clean welcome mat, clean or repaint the front door if necessary, and sweep the walkways.
- General: Replace all burned out lightbulbs, clear out the closets, get rid of any clutter, and depersonalize by removing any family photos or other family oriented décor.
- Rooms: Clean the carpets, curtains, shutters, and blinds. Update the décor with new bedding, towels, and pillow if necessary.
- Kitchen and Bath: Clean appliances inside and out, organize all cabinets and the pantry, and make sure all sinks and tubs are draining properly.
- Outside: Repaint or touch up the trim, wash the windows, mow the lawn and make the landscaping visually appealing.